- Functional principle
- Quality assurance
- Application areas
In electrical engineering, loose screw connections inevitably lead to system failure and high damage risks. The conductive materials used, made of copper and aluminum, are tightened with reduced torque due to the soft counter layers.
Currently, screw locking is very often done by a combination of flat washer and lock washer. However, settling or creeping effects and the resulting loss of preload force cannot be compensated by this. There is an increased risk with high service maintenance costs.
With the NSK-E you receive a one-piece safety element that meets the increased requirements for electrical screw connections:
- Counteracts loosening and unscrewing and prevents loosening
- Preservation of the preload force and contact pressure for soft materials
- Loss of preload force due to settling is minimized by the high spring effect
- Danger of chip formation is prevented by the special runner-shaped underside of the disc
- Simple installation due to one-piece screw locking solution
- Tested screw locking with short clamping lengths and dynamic loads
Springy, arched geometry
Due to its springy, arched geometry, the NSK-E has a high settling effect and ensures continuous contact pressure between the electrically conductive components, thus avoiding system failures.
Gentle on the counter layer
With the help of a newly developed embossing process, the underside of the NSK-E is smoothed in the shape of a runner. This minimizes the risk of chips coming off and eliminates the need for an additional washer.
Positive locking effect
The serrated washer surface provides a positive locking effect underneath the screw head or nut and counteracts loosening of the screw connection even in the case of high vibrations.
In order to guarantee the functionality of the NSK-E, a multi-stage product test is carried out that goes beyond the requirements of the standard:
Residual spring force analysis according to DIN 267-26
Dynamic screw-locking test based on DIN 65161 or the increased requirements of DIN 25201-4 Annex B, including the specific application features of the electrical sector.
Vibration, shock and temperature tests according to test standard IEC 61373 by railway testing company AUCOTEAM
Galvanised spring steel
|NSK E||Article no.||DA||S||H|
|NSK E3||070905||Ø 7.10-0.30||1.00±0.05||1.10+0.20|
|NSK E4||070910||Ø 9.10-0.40||1.20±0.05||1.30+0.20|
|NSK E5||070920||Ø 9.10-0.40||1.20±0.05||1.50+0.20|
|NSK E6||070930||Ø 12.10-0.43||1.60±0.05||1.70+0.20|
|NSK E8||070940||Ø 16.10-0.43||1.60±0.05||2.20+0.25|
|NSK E10||070950||Ø 20.10-0.52||1.80±0.10||2.30+0.35|
|NSK E12||070960||Ø 24.10-0.52||2.00±0.10||2.50+0.35|
|NSK E16||070980||Ø 30.10-0.52||2.20±0.10||2.70+0.35|
subject to technical changes
Stainless steel A4 1.4401
|NSK E3||070905||Ø 7.30-0.40||1.00±0.05||1.10+0.20|
|NSK E4||076910||Ø 9.40-0.40||1.2±0.05||1.90+0.20|
|NSK E5||076920||Ø 10.10-0.40||1.2±0.05||2.00+0.20|
|NSK E6||076930||Ø 12.10-0.43||2.25±0.075||2.20+0.20|
|NSK E8||076940||Ø 16.10-0.43||2.25±0.075||2.80+0.25|
|NSK E10||076950||Ø 20.10-0.52||2.4±0.10||3.00+0.35|
|NSK E12||076960||Ø 24.10-0.52||2.7±0.10||3.40+0.35|
|NSK E16||076980||Ø 30.10-0.52||3.0±0.10||3.60+0.35|
subject to technical changes
Areas of application in which the NSK-E is used.
Listed below are all the documents that give you more details about the NSK-E. Click on the PDF symbol to start the download.
- NSK E – Effective locking of electrical screw connections (1.3 MiB)
- Press release NSK-E (238.6 KiB)
- 070905 NSK E 3 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 070910 NSK E 4 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 070920 NSK E 5 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 070930 NSK E 6 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 070940 NSK E 8 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 070950 NSK E 10 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 070960 NSK E 12 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 070980 NSK E 16 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 076905 NSK E 3 - 3D File (6.1 KiB)
- 076910 NSK E 4 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 076920 NSK E 5 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 076930 NSK E 6 - 3D File (6.2 KiB)
- 076940 NSK E 8 - 3D File (6.1 KiB)
- 076950 NSK E 10 - 3D File (6.1 KiB)
- 076960 NSK E 12 - 3D File (6.1 KiB)
- 076980 NSK E 16 - 3D File (6.1 KiB)